Monday 4 February 2013

Other People's Photographs book

I've not posted on here for AGES - mainly because I've been so busy, which is good cos it means I have lots to report. In October I was mainly working on this:


I'm really pleased with how it's come out. Other People's Photographs is a public art project by arts company Strange Cargo which involved collecting photographs of people outside in the streets of Folkestone. The result is basically a town's family album, with photographs ranging from 1895 to 2007. This beautiful quality (thanks to the fantastic people at RCS print) coffee table book has 715 of them with the stories provided by their owners, together for the first time, and many of them full page so you can really see the detail.

Anyone into the history of photography, or the social history of English seaside towns, should get a copy - available by contacting Strange Cargo.

No comments:

Post a Comment